The recent changes in building regulations (Part L) require that new non-domestic buildings do not overheat as a result of solar gain.
At Monument-Info-Search we carry out dynamic thermal modelling using sophisticated simulation software in accordance with CIBSE approved methods which help you demonstrate compliance with these new regulations.This process helps to minimise Summer-time Overheating and the effects of the “Urban Heat Island”(UHI).
The factors we use in simulation are:
- Climatic data
- Building geometry & layout
- Building occupancy & fabric information
- Heating, Ventilating, and Air Conditioning system usage
- Renewable energy system usage
Thermal modelling ensures that the buildings energy is reduced and then produced efficiently in a cost-effective manner.
Thermal modelling assists in decision making during the design process by measuring a buildings heat transfer process, thermal capacity, temperature distribution and airflow.
Our Thermal Modelling Services include:
- Dynamic simulation of designs to maximise comfort strategies, to optimise daylight, to minimise heat loss and to ensure buildings do not overheat
- Daylight modelling to ensure the level of adequate daylight, thus reducing electrical lighting loads
- Summertime overheating modelling to design passive buildings that do not overheat or require air conditioning
- Natural ventilation modelling whether via passive stack effect, cross flow, single side or combination of all methods
- Thermal modelling to develop facade design – brise soleils, overhangs, shading, window strategies
It does not matter whether it is a new build or a small extension, we often find that if we are involved early enough we can save you time and money.
Call us now for more details and how we can help you with your needs 0844 800 0528. or let us call you! simply use the contact us form on our website to leave us a message and we’ll be in touch with you soon.