What is SBEM (Simplified Building Energy Model)?
SBEM (Simplified Building Energy Model) is a process defined by the UK Government-in accordance with Part L Building Control Regulations. It is used to calculate the energy use and carbon(CO2) emission of a Building. It is recommended that it should be applied from the design stage of the building process.
- The energy performance of a newly built, converted or extended industrial and commercial buildings.
- Energy cost and carbon emissions generated by light, ventilation and heat.
How We can help you with your SBEM calculations?
Monument-Info-Search Ltd is a property and environmental specialist company offering a range of SBEM services to Architects and Designers
Our aim is to help you achieve a “pass” and we provide following
- SBEM Part L (CO2 emission rating) calculations to comply with Building Regulations Part L2A- using SBEM (Simplified Building Energy Model) for all new commercial buildings in the UK and Northern Ireland.
- All of our SBEM Part L calculations utilise the CIBSE approved software.
- We are an approved “competent person” (Consultant) with the CIBSE Certification Scheme, therefore all of our calculations can be submitted to building controls for Part L2A compliance and accepted.
To provide a fast, efficient fully inclusive quotation we would require:
- Drawings, (see below).
- SBEM general details providing: Contact name, tel: no, email address, site name and site address.
- Building type i.e. office, school, industrial, retail, or if other please specify.
Drawings need to be to scale, illustrating all floor plans and elevations. We can open all .dwg and .dxf formats saved in the latest versions of AutoCAD. Hand drawn PDFs are also acceptable if the dwelling measurements are clearly indicated.
On receipt of the drawings and completed SBEM general details, we will reply with confirmation of the cost within 48hrs.
Call us now for more details and how we can help you with your needs 0844 800 0528. or let us call you! simply use the contact us form on our website to leave us a message and we’ll be in touch with you soon.